Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Nespresso anywhere, anytime - what an experience

Recently I became aware of a fancy new product! - The WACACO Minipresso! - What an experience!

As a coffee lover I am always on the look out of a good coffee place.

Now, when traveling or hiking remote places the availability of good quality coffee can be a challenge.

Yes, you could go for some instant coffee, or roast grind and brew your coffee on the go. But, nowadays in the age of capsuled high end coffee there needs to be other options.

I lernt about this fabulous - Wacaco MiniPresso - device from a friend of mine. He had to quarantine (this was November 2020 during the global COVID-19 pandemic) for two entire weeks locked up in a hotel room in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. My friend was reporting about his daily luxury, a Nespresso coffee twice a day, on his company blog (read the original story here). When I saw that device, I decided to test it for myself.

After some little search on-line I was able to order one. - Get yours here

Wacaco Minipresso GR, Portable Espresso Machine, Compatible Ground Coffee, Hand Coffee Maker, Travel Gadgets, Manually Operated, Perfect for Camping, Hiking

To put it at a test, I went on a winter hike where I am living here in Switzerland.

Temperature was freezing -10°C. There was a strong wind. Packed with my MiniPresso, a thermos of boiling water we went off for a hike around beautiful arctic winter landscape.

What could be better than a break with delicious coffee. Coffee perfectly brewed out of a coffee press that fits in the pocket of your winter anorak.

Handling is a bit of a struggle at -10°C but the outlook for smell and taste of good coffee compensates a lot.

The MiniPresso is a well designed product that serves many needs of coffee addicts when being in remote places. Or would you trade off against a solution with some whatever instant coffee?

It couldn't be better to survive an outdoor experience with the experience of self brewed coffee!




No comments:

Post a Comment